Saturday, April 27, 2019

Musing #34 - A Spring Time Poem

Hi, friends! Just thought I'd hop on real quick to share with you a little spring-time poem I've composed :-). Enjoy!


This is Spring Time


Grass so lush, soft, and green,

Trees sturdy and with buds bursting anew,

The clouds all gathered, the blue sky no longer seen;

The rain falling in buckets, thunder and lightning, too.


Then the sky clears; 

The flowers lift their delicate heads,

And the sun appears;

The sprouts come up from their beds,

Their beds of leaves, of grass, of puddles of water and warm soil,

Their shoots all sweet and fresh;

They come up from their beds made comfortable by an earthworm's toil.

Up they come, with a variety of pink and white veins and tender green flesh,

Flowers, veggies, and other fruits take their first glimpse of the world above the ground,

And out rush the families, baskets in hand and smiles on their faces,

To collect the beautiful new crops God has provided - the crops that plentifully abound.

Corn, tomatoes, peas, and potatoes soon take up the baskets' empty spaces,


While sweet, juicy strawberries fill the mouths of the little ones,

And the red, sticky juice drizzles freely down their chins.

The parents look with delight upon their daughters and their sons,

Forgetting in their joy that the strawberries are meant for the baskets and the bins.

Meanwhile, the ivy is once again entangled on the porch; up the railings its leaves climb;

And in the house, the indoor plants are bursting - the basil, the parsley, the thyme,

For God has sent a whisper about the earth: "This is spring time."

What is your favorite part about the spring season? Tell me in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is nice Ellen. I admit I can't write good poetry at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. BookWorm3,000April 28, 2019

    I like that poem! :-) You have a gift for poetry, Ellen! :-)
    Have you ever seen the movies "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof"? They are Christian movies made by the same company. :-) I just saw them on the trip that I went on. THOSE MOVIES ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah!
      Yes, I have watched some of "Facing the Giants" (and I am told that one of my favorite songs, "Voice of Truth," plays at the end of that movie) but I have not yet watched "Fireproof." I am glad you enjoyed watching those movies; do you have a favorite of the two?

      Delete
    2. Facing the Giants is a great movie. Anne it does have Voice of Truth at the end.☺

      Delete
    3. BookWorm3,000April 29, 2019

      I think I like "Facing the Giants" a little bit better. :-)
      -Hannah

      Delete
  3. What a lovely poem about spring Ellen. My favorite thing about spring is the new life that "springs" forth around us after the cold dread of winter.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?