Sunday, April 21, 2019

Musing #33 - He is Risen!


 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus Who is crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, as He said. Come, see the place where He lay." (Matthew 28:1-6)

Hi, everyone! Happy, happy Easter! The Lord is risen!
What were you all up to during my time away from the Internet? I spent my free time writing, reading, and talking with my Savior. I also enjoyed watching the new movie, "Pilgrim's Progress." Lilly and Hannah, when I went to the theatre to see this new movie, I thought of you. Kristyn Getty did the introduction to the movie, and she was also the voice of the Interpreter. Two hymns played during the movie, and I believe they, too, were sung by Kristyn :-).
I believe that sums up this post, but don't worry, there'll be plenty more coming soon :-). For now, you here's my latest book review. 
Enjoy and HAPPY EASTER!
Western Sunrise


           I  really enjoyed this latest collection of Circle C contest stories. The young authors sure know how to spin delightful tales! I very much admire their abilities to write strongly and neatly, and the story plots and ideas they all chose are fun and enthralling.
          The stories for the youngest category (ages 6-9) were so much fun to read, and each young author shows much promise. Sophia, Moriah, Ava, Trinity, and Susie, please keep writing! God has big plans for each one of you.
          The next category (ages 10-13) is also filled to the brim with lovely stories. From a nightmare of a trip on the Titanic to experiencing a near-disaster with a thief on the road, Patience, Sophia, Gabriella, and Alivia have woven a fantastic collection of short stories. It was all so enjoyable, and I am confident that God has unimaginably great things lined up for you young ladies. (Ephesians 3:20)
          Last but most definitely not least, the oldest category (ages 14-17) is chockful of well-written, intriguing stories. Emily’s story, Proper Andi, brought giggles to the throats of both my siblings and me, while Hannah’s Friendship from Tears reminds me of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. Martha’s The Tragic Friendship includes an unexpected twist, and Christiana’s story, Turning Point, brings back characters from an earlier book. Wonderful, wonderful job, ladies! May God continue to bless you and all your writing projects.
To all of you Andi fans, whether you entered or placed in this year’s Circle C writing contest, a huge “Congratulations!” I know you all worked hard to write your stories, and I also know that God is at work within you all. Please, keep pursuing the gifts and talents He has so richly blessed you with!


6 comments:

  1. Amen <3 <3 He is risen!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool you got to see the Pilgrims Progress movie! I didn't know Kristin Getty was the interpreter. My sister and my mom and I were going to see it, but the tickets were too expensive. Happy Easter to you too, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BookWorm3,000April 22, 2019

    Cool! :-) We were going to go see that movie, but we are really busy. We are going on a trip TODAY. :-) We will probably buy it when it comes out on disc. :-)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, Hannah! Have a fantastic trip!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ellen, I just tagged you for something on my blog. Here is the link:
    https://tidbitsofahomeschoolgirl.blogspot.com/2019/04/awesome-blogger-award-tag.html
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?