Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Five Fall Favorites: Day Three ~ Medical

 

Welcome to Day #3 of the Five Fall Favorites party! Today we're shouldering our bags and heading back to the lake, but this time, instead of sitting on the benches, we'll be riding the boats. The water is calm and inviting, and I think we'll have a great time. Don't forget your books and jackets! While the sun may be shining, the air is still nippy. 

Today's genre is medical in honor of all the first responders and the assistance they've given during this 2019-20 Corona pandemic. What qualifies for this genre, you ask? Any book where one of the main characters is in the medical profession. :D Soooo, my top five . . . 

CHICKEN CHORES AND OPEN DOORS
I've grown up on books from Rod & Staff publishers, and this one is high on my list of favorites. :D It follows Paul's life from childhood to adult life, continually points to Christ, and is capable of sending both tingles of delight and shivers of anticipation down one's spine.
FREEDOM
I first read this book back in September of 2019 and LOVED it. Find my review HERE.

GIFT FROM THE STORM
A rollercoaster of emotions here!! So many twists and turns and "What on earth??" moments. (and I must admit, I was so NOT expecting the ending!) Best of all, Rebekah does an amazing job of keeping her readers focused on Christ throughout every one of her books. <3 
HUDSON TAYLOR
Anybody else just love Janet and Geoff's missionary stories?? Especially when they're about the people who've inspired you the most, like Hudson Taylor - a doctor, father, and friend serving in the mission field he felt called by God to minister at.


NEVER SAY GOODBYE
I read this series completely out of order, starting with #2 (Never Say Goodbye, which I wrote a review for HERE) and ending with #1 (Live Without You). xD Either way, I enjoyed it, and I look forward to seeing more from Miss Grzy in the future! 

Okay, it's time for us to turn our boats around and head back to shore, so I had best draw this post to a close. Again, be sure to visit Rebekah's blog, dawdle around the other vast acres at the Lodge, and enter the giveaway! I'll see you guys tomorrow, Lord willing!


Blessings,
Ellen S.

14 comments:

  1. Freedom, Gift from the Storm, Never Say Goodbye...*applause*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gift From the Storm is soooo good! And so is Never Say Goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Freedom" and "Gift from the Storm" are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freedom . . . 😍😍😍😍 One of my favorite books! So amazing!
    Yes, yes, yes, I still need to read Live Without You and Never Say Goodbye! But this makes me want to even more . . .
    Wonderful post!!!!!! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken Chores sounds like a book I’d love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about "Freedom" and "Never Say Goodbye," but I haven't read either of them yet. They're on my TBR! "Gift From the Storm" looks great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of or read any of these books, but Chicken Chores sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read three and heard of one, but I've never heard of "Chicken Chores and Open Doors." Freedom, and Never Say Goodbye are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing of Faith's books . . . especially "Freedom." Hmm, maybe I should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YES!! Janet and Geoffs books are the best!!!! I am really longing to read Freedom now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books by Janet & Geoff Benge! Thanks for mentioning my book. I'm honored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yassssssssss "Never say Goodby" and "Gift from the storm" are SOOOO good!!! My family has "Hudson Taylor" but I've never read it! You've inspired me too!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?