Tuesday, December 24, 2019

The Merry and Bright Tag // Poem: "God's Great Gift"

Hey all! I have an especially fun post for you guys today. :-) Ellie R. tagged me for this last Sunday. Thanks, Ellie


THE RULES:

1). Thank the person who tagged you
2). Make sure to include the "Merry and Bright" pic in your post
3). Answer the following questions

1. Favorite movie to watch at Christmastime:

Uhh . . . none? Sorry, y'all, but I am not a movie-watcher. If "Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" counts for a Christmas movie, I suppose you can put me down for that. ;D 

2. Some Christmas songs I enjoy:

"Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel," "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen," "Away In a Manger," "What Child is This?", "Silent Night," "It's Called Christmas" . . . 

3. Some books I love in winter:

Any that distract me from the cold weather outside. LOL 

4. Some Christmas goodies that make me smile:

Peppermint Chex mix, homemade cinnamon rolls, pretty pieces of thin mint bark . . . to sum it up, any tasty treat my mom chooses to make. :D

5. Some Christmas-y words that make me happy:

Jesus, advent, prayer

6. Some things I look forward to every year:

The Christmas Eve service at our church; giving gifts to close friends and relatives; running baked goods to our neighbors and watching their faces light up; sending packages; writing letters; taking a break from school (LOL) . . . 

7. Favorite Christmas memories (that happen every year)

Baking with my family, doing advent, holding candles and singing carols at our church, and visiting a local farm to drive around and see their lights

8. Memories to be made this year

Hm, not sure I have any. :-)

I tag: whoever wants to do this. :D

And now, in celebration of our precious Savior's birth, a Christmas poem for you all (and yes, this is a repost from last year).



God’s Great Gift



Love came down to die for us
It did not come by plane, car, or bus.
It was a Heavenly Being, a Righteous One,
Who came in the form of a Baby Son.
He was born by a woman and laid in a cradle of hay
So that we might all come, and have hope while we pray.
His Father sent Him down to die for the sake of all,
There is no sacrifice like this, that He obeyed the call,
Leaving His palace of splendor, His gates of gladness,
To come down to this earth, this earth full of sadness.
Christmas is the twenty-fifth of December;
This is the day on which we all remember
That Jesus Christ is our loving Savior, our selfless God,
Who leads us now with staff and rod.
Really, Christmas is not just one day a year,
But a joyous thought that could bring us all cheer,
If only we stop oft and think on such a glorious thought.
God’s sacrifice saved this earth from the trap in which we were caught.
Every day is Christmas, in a way, and Jesus deserves to be praised,
For He, the Righteous, Holy One, was born, and killed, and raised,
To give us hope and endless life,
To give us a promise amidst the pain and strife.
Who has greater love than He,
Who gave His Life for you and me?

Merry Christmas!! Jesus loves you!! 

Blessings,

Ellen S.

7 comments:

  1. Fun answers and nice poetry! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly!! <3
      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. Thankyou Ellen SO much for doing this! I loved your answers and the poem!
    Great job!
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Ellie! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the poem. :-) To God be the glory!
      Merry Christmas to you too!! <3

      Delete
  3. Ellen, please pray for me and my family, especially my mom!
    We are


    Adopting!

    Thank you for your time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I possibly use this one too? I don't know if they're still "going" or whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?