Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday Musings // Life Update + Photo Dump

These past few weeks of May have been marvelous . . . and busy! It's time for a brief recap. 😄

SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MONTH:

*The kids and Dad worked together to tear down our deck, then Pop Pop came by to pick up the rotten wood and take it to the dump. The ground in our back yard looks very bare now (especially since having a deck up for so long killed the grass)


*We attended a new church and had the pastor's family over for dinner
*My sweeet friend from the UK, Sandrina, and I Skyped for over an hour one Friday afternoon 😁
*We celebrated my birthday 😃 A few pictures from that day:
Mom and me 💗


As a special treat, I had my fingernails painted for the first time in years! The polish stayed on for a total of three days after my birthday (not very practical, but so pretty!).

Although I chose not to eat any of these fun cupcakes (due to food allergies/stomach problems), I still got to blow out the candle and watch the kids enjoy them. 🥰

*Fruit is back in season, which means fresh fruit salad! 

*We scheduled our last day of school for Friday, May 28! After that, we get the summer off before I have to start dual enrollment college classes in the fall (I'm hoping to do four years of college online, starting in 2022, and earn my English degree) 😄
*There was sister bonding time with Ruby Jane (she does math with me, comes along on my walks, and shares some of my favorite food) 💕
*ahem* Well, I guess Algebra helped put her to sleep 😂
*I discovered I LOVE hand boilers!!
(Picture taken from online. I own the blue, orange, and green boilers in slightly different designs.)

*And finally, my mom recorded my speech and put it on YouTube! (Check out her channel and my video HERE)

How has your month been? Do you like hand boilers? Comment below!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Ellie!
    😍 looks like you’ve had a wonderful few weeks!
    Confession- I had never heard of hand boilers 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you Ellen. It was fun looking at your pictures. My mother has a vintage hand boiler, I think it's a weird looking bird. I'll try and send you a picture of it. I watched your video. You're a natural at speaking, very well said. Bravo to you for listening to God's voice and encouraging us to be bold in sharing the Gospel message. I'm looking forward to more videos. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment absolutely brightened my day. 💗 Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of a hand boiler. My month has been super busy. Congrats on almost being done with school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them down the science aisle @ Hobby Lobby. 😊
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 25, 2021

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN Hope all your dreams and wishes come true. Blessings and Happiness for you. the fruit looks delicious. Enjoy and have a safe vacation.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so fun my friend!! Sounds like a great month!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, such a cool post! Happy birthday very late!! (thanks, university finals)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! *sends virtual hugs* 💕

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?