Sunday, November 14, 2021

"Do Hard Things" Bible Study

Hello friends,

We're having relatives fly in from out of state as well as picking Connor up later this week for Thanksgiving break, which I'm really excited about. πŸ˜€ Also, I've been studying for the SAT (prayers for that would be appreciated), catching up on my reading, and doing volunteer work. Shalom, I'm grateful to say, has settled in nicely. She's curled up in my lap as I type this. πŸ˜ƒ She is the sweetest, dearest little kitten. I love her so much.

*ahem* My reason for posting is to throw an idea at you guys and get your input on it.

This past year I read a book that invigorated and challenged me to live my life more boldly for Christ, and that book was Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations by Alex and Brett Harris. Some of you may have heard of the book or even own a copy of it already, but for those of you who haven't, here's the link to check Do Hard Things out on Amazon. In a world where teens are characterized and held back from reaching their full potential due to culture's low expectations of them, a book like Do Hard Things is needed. I know it met me right where I'm at and encouraged me to not "let anyone look down on [me] because [I am] young," but to "set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12). I would love to give other girls around my age that same opportunity to hear truth and live it out during the high school/teenage years (and every year after). 

So, I'm thinking of facilitating an online Bible study. Once a week, we would read a chapter from Do Hard Things and meet over Zoom (or Skype) to discuss our thoughts/answers to the study guide questions provided in the back of the book. We would also dig deeper into Scripture. It would be a time of growth in our faith and a great way to encourage one another in Christ to do hard things for Him.

The requirements to join are that you have to be between the ages of 13 and 19, profess having a faith in Christ, are willing to supply your own copy of Do Hard Things, and absolutely must be a girl (I'm not looking to start a youth group LOL). 

Are you interested? Drop a comment below. Commenting or emailing does not commit you to anything, but simply gives me an idea of those who might be interested in attending. 

I understand there are some of you who aren't sure due to privacy reasons, but again, comment below (or email), and we'll try to get something figured out, even if it's just to get you on an email list so you can (anonymously, if need be) answer questions or express your thoughts for that week's chapter.

Of course, I'm open to discussing further details, questions, dates/times, etc. Please talk about this with your parents, prayerfully consider participating, and spread the word!

Blessings,

EllenπŸ’œ

11 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested! I don't know if I'd have time to meet because of work though... Do you have any idea of what day you'd do it on, and the estimated time? I'll also be praying for your SAT! πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jovey!!
      No, not yet. I'm waiting till I hear from those who'd like to participate, and then hopefully we can settle on a day/time that will work well for everyone. :D Thx for asking!

      Delete
  2. Do Hard Things was such an amazing book. I would be intetested. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be interested, but it would depend on what days it is (I'm kinda busy right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! Thanks. :)
      This study is designed to fit a busier schedule (I plan to keep up with it even after I start college classes again), but I understand what you're saying. Hopefully we'll find a day/time that'll work well for everyone. :)

      Delete
  4. I am also very interested. It would be a wonderful study to do! Thanks Ellen!
    Ellie R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Do hard things” is such a motivating book. I hope your study goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depending on time and day, y daughter would be interested.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?