Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday Musings // Strawberries!

In early celebration of Mother's Day (which is this upcoming Sunday), my family and I trekked to a local strawberry patch where we picked and purchased over twenty pounds of the round, red, juicy berries. It was a lot fun! And the house smelled so good while Mom canned jars upon jars of fresh, homemade strawberry jam. (if I could've bottled up the smell and saved it for later, I would've!) 😋


Strawberry shortcakes. Yum!

Anyways, just a quick update to let you know I'm still alive over here. 😄 With Feedburner (the service I use to get emails to my subscribers) shutting down in July, the final days of school approaching, and my having to get ready to do dual enrollment college classes in the fall (!!!), I'm not sure how active I'll be on the blogosphere this spring/summer. I still hope to hop on and post occasionally, though. Please bear with me! 😂

Do you like homemade jam? What have you been doing recently? Comment below!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

5 comments:

  1. Strawberries! Yum! My strawberries have started blossoming so I'll have strawberries soon. How fun your last days of school are near. I'll have my legal days in this Friday (Lord willing), but I've already started on next year's school. I haven't been doing much besides school lately. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😍 looks amazing!

    Okay Ellie! If you decide to switch to Wordpress (I know some people who are) feel free to email me with any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely hope you do keep on blogging. It's odd to think how much I'll miss this. I just stumbled on your blog one day and now I kinda consider this a one sided friendship!
    Also those strawberries look sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! Looks delicious! Fresh strawberries are SO much better than the ones from the store. I can't specifically remember making homemade jam, but there were a few years we canned so much that I lost track of what all we canned! Definitely prefer homemade!

    Great hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?