Monday, November 23, 2020

Monday Musings // Just a Bunch of Randomness

So, first off . . . do you guys know there's a cool new feature on Word that allows you to listen to your own work being read aloud by someone?! If you didn't know, seriously go check it out right now, 'cause it's AMAZING. Of course, the narration is a little choppy, and the robot has trouble pronouncing Spanish (and probably any language other than English), but WOW. I just discovered the feature on my phone yesterday and absolutely love it!! 😍ðŸĪĐ😍ðŸĪĐ When I played a sample of one of my stories for Mom, she smiled and exclaimed, "You're famous!" 😂 But if one of you figure out how to use read-aloud on a computer, please tell me. 😄

*clears throat* ANYWAY. 

This past week has been an adventure. Coronavirus cases are spiking again, so we're back in lockdown mode, although not as severe as before. And through it all, GOD IS GOOD. 

Sadie and I enjoyed a fun little photo shoot (w/ our talented six-year-old sister behind the camera). Here're some of the results for your enjoyment:




Oh, and before I draw this random post to a close . . . a blogger friend is hosting a giveaway that runs only until tonight, and an e-book copy of The Whispers God Gives is included in the grand prize. So, if you're interested, click HERE to enter. Good luck!

Comment below and tell me which of the pictures I shared was your favorite! Also, how are COVID cases doing where you live??

Blessings,
Ellen S.

31 comments:

  1. Cool! I didn't know word added that! I'll check it out.
    Those are such cute pictures. <3
    COVID cases are spiking back up here, too. :|
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't figure out how to do it. Do you have a newer version of Word? Also, I don't have Word on my phone; it's on my computer. I don't know if that would make a difference.
      -Hannah

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Hannah! <3
      Yeah, I know only how to work the new Word feature on my phone, but I'd love to learn how to use it on the computer as well. =) And YES, I believe the feature came with an updated version of Word. :D

      Delete
    3. Ok, thanks for responding. :-) I have the 2007 version (that's almost as old as I am ;P).
      -Hannah

      Delete
  2. I've discovered that feature of Word before, but I've never tried it out. Guess I'll have to do that now. :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasps* Oh, absolutely!! ðŸĪĐ
      Are you able to access the feature on your computer?

      Delete
    2. Yup! I’ll probably have to look it up, though, since I don’t remember how to do it. 😀

      Delete
    3. Welllll, once you've figured it out, please let me know. 😂

      Delete
  3. Random posts are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Word is amazing!!!
    Yeah- COVID is huge here, we are basically in March 🙄ðŸĪ·‍♀️
    But- God have this for a reason, and I’ll do my best to enjoy it and make the best of it 😊 (I’m hosting a Zoom-Craft today with some friends!!!!)

    Also- I love random posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though?!
      Yep, I get the feeling - almost like 2020 wasn't even a year. Can you believe it's late November already??
      Thanks, Sawyer! ðŸĪ—

      Delete
    2. 😂😂😂
      Oh yes. I’m like “Where did October go, actually- where did March go?????” 😆
      I want to do a New Years post, but I don’t remember everything that happened in those months ðŸĪŠ
      How about you? Is there a month you don’t remember? 😆

      Delete
    3. Ummm . . . does it count to say every month since April? *laughs*

      Delete
  5. Ah yes, Covid is spreading in my state as well, especially since many people are refusing to take safety precautions. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that, Anonymous. ðŸ˜Ķ I pray you and your family stay well!

      Delete
  6. Aww! Love the photos! I think the first one is my favorite. 😊
    So far as I know, COVID cases have been low where I am, so that's a blessing!
    Hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! *alllll the virtual hugs*
      Oh, that's wonderful! Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving as well. 😄

      Delete
  7. I need to figure out how to get my computer to read my stuff too XD only I have Pages right now instead of Word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I don't think I've heard of Pages before. I've typed on Word for as long as I can remember, and only recently got the hang of editing on a Google doc. 😊 The read-aloud is a fantabulous new addition to Word!

      Delete
  8. Awww! That first picture is adorable! You definitely do have a talented little photographer! :D
    Yeah, COVID is spiking a lot where I live. :( We're starting to hunker down again too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *beams*
      Aww, I'm sorry. This nasty virus just seems to come and go as it pleases. 😟 Stay safe!

      Delete
  9. Oh my stars, you two are so cute!! Love the pictures! It's so good to see these again!! I've missed it! <3
    Where I live, COVID is spiking as well :(( praying our world can get a hold on the reins soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've missed YOU, sweet friend. Thanks a bunch! <3

      Delete
  10. She is adorable! I love my little sis's. I definitely like the last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such gorgeous pictures!! Your photos always make me smile and brighten my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a heap, Emma!! ðŸĪĐðŸĪĐðŸĪĐ

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?