Monday, August 22, 2022

Updates // I am a College Freshman!

Today, Monday, August 22nd, officially marks the first day of my college freshman year. *mind blown* It feels like just yesterday I was wondering when I would ever grow up and go to college . . . and now, that day is here. It's crazy, and while I am feeling some nervousness, mainly I am excited about what's ahead and trusting God to see me through. Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God," has been my go-to verse since the start of 2022, when I was enrolled in two of the most stressful courses of my life as an early college program student with Regent. Surely my first literature class won't be half as stressful, right? xD

I am still in absolute, utter awe that God has brought me to this point. I am officially an English major (whoohoo!), I get to do all my classes from home, and recently I have taken some pretty big steps in my job. Over the summer I trained to help students with their reading and study skills as well as their writing, making me now not just a writing tutor, but an academic coach. The work is awesome, and I love it. <3 <3 <3


Looking ahead, I realize the 4-year journey will be challenging, but also rewarding. And because God has opened the door and made it clear to me that this is what He wants me to do, I plan to give it my all. 

In everything [King Hezekiah] . . . sought his God and worked wholeheartedly, and so he prospered (2 Chronicles 31:21).

Friends, college might not be what God has in mind for you right now, but no matter what it is He has called you to do, just remember: you have a purpose, you're being used in some amazing ways, and you are loved by a God who will do nothing less than love you perfectly. 

As His workmanship made in His image,
We. Were. Made. To. THRIVE.


Not just surviving,
Ellen S.

3 comments:

  1. congrats! I am going away to college this Saturday. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am going away to college this week and I am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, sorry to contact you through your comments, but I’m hosting Five Fall Favorites again this year and was curious if you’d like to join? Let me know, and I can give you more details. 😉

    Kate Willis Hoppman
    https://onceuponanordinary.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?