Monday, March 1, 2021

Monday Musings // Warm Weather At Last!!

After experiencing three weekends of snow and many days with ice covering the roads and sidewalks, God blessed us with almost a whole week of beautiful, warm, sunshiny weather. Perfect for jogging and biking in capris without a coat on. Oh, and bringing Ruby outside in a onesie. It was great. 😄


Morning ^^^ . . .  
. . . and afternoon ^^^
I've also been busy with school, proofreading the latest Circle C contest book, enjoying time out with Mom at Trader Joe's and Joann's, beginning Alex and Brett Harris' Do Hard Things for the first time (and already loving it!) . . . and witnessing one of the absolute CUTEST things ever. 😍
I typically have Ruby with me in the morning while I do math, and sometimes I'll take a break from my work to put lotion on her legs and feet. After doing exactly that this past Monday, I settled her on the floor and returned to the algebraic equations I was solving. Next time I looked up, Ruby had the lotion bottle in hand and was pretending to use it just like I had. Talk about 100%, breath-catching ADORABLENESS. I managed to grab my phone and film the moment, so please humor my sisterly pride and enjoy this forty-eight second video. 🥰

How's the weather where you live? What's a super cute thing your sister (or brother) has done that made you smile? Let's talk in the comments below!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, Ruby is so cute! We had warm weather last week and we're supposed to have warm weather this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's adorable! One of the cutest thing my little sister has done lately is, she will jump up and down and wave her arms and say, "Woo hoo! Woo hoo!" It's so incredibly cute!!!! We are having much warmer weather here, too, although yesterday it rained, so it's wet and drippy, but hey! It's warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After lots of snow, it's warming up here!! Aww Ruby!!! My little sister, Deidra was recently chanting, "Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite, and if they do hit them with a shoe, until they turn all *pause* PINK AND PURPLE!!" 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so cute! 😍
    My sister learned to say “Ooo-la-la” 😍🤣 it’s adorable!
    Love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'awwww, Ruby is ADORABLE!!! <333
    I'm so glad you're having warmer weather, too! I love winter, but when then coldness keeps dragging on I definitely start looking forward to spring more. XD
    Oooh, that's so cool how your reading Do Hard Things! I got that book for my birthday last year, and it is SOOO GOOD!!! I actually haven't finished it yet *cough* but I'm totally planning on picking it back up again soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I am almost dying over here. Ruby is so cu-u-u-ute! (Just to let you know, I squeal about your baby sister to my siblings whenever you put up photos of her.)

    We've gotten a bit warmer weather, too. I was minding my own business some days ago and then glanced up to see a warm golden light streaming through the window. "Wait, is that sunshine??"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather has gotten a little warmer too. I’m so ready for spring!!! I really did enjoy winter though. Ruby is so adorable!! My two year old brother has been asking for things and saying pleeaase which has been adorable since he says it so clearly and longingly 😋

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Ruby is adoarble!! So precious. <3

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?