Monday, August 31, 2020

Monday Musings // "More Tales from Memory Creek Ranch" RELEASE!!!

note: instead of a life update + photo dump for this week's Monday Musings post, I have a special announcement to share with y'all. :) :) :) 
a few weeks back, I posted a pic of my prized CCA (Circle C Adventures) book collection. and now, I'm so excited to say . . .

My favorite author/writing mentor, Mrs. Susan K. Marlow, has just released her latest Andi book to the world!! (*cue intense applause and plenty of celebratory confetti*)
The all-new, five-star More Tales from Memory Creek Ranch is the sixth installment in the CC Milestones series, as well as a sequel to the first Tales from Memory Creek Ranch book . . . with Jared growing up and another Prescott baby born during one of the ending stories. (eeks!) 




As many of you know, Mrs. Marlow's Tales from Memory Creek Ranch is my very most favorite book EVER. I have whole scenes from that book memorized, and two copies of it at home with one on my Kindle so I can take it with me wherever I go. And when Mrs. Marlow said she was coming out with yet another Milestones book, I have to admit I might've been a bit skeptical. As far as I was concerned, there was no beating the original Tales collection.
Even so, I was very excited to be given the opportunity to help read and edit this most recent bunch of short stories. (and YES, that was my secret "job" I told you all about in an earlier post.) It wasn't long before I lost not only my reservations but also my imagination to the joys of devouring twelve more, never-before-seen-in-print adventures with Andi, Riley, and Jared Prescott.

 
A great manuscript + music = one happy young editor. :D

Each tale is spectacular, but I think my favorites would have to be the final two (San Francisco Surprise and Riley to the Rescue). Oh, and Nanny Riley, 'cause that one was inspired by a dear friend of mine and just makes me smile to read it. :)
So, what're you waiting for??? Go grab your own copy of More Tales from Memory Creek Ranch!! <3
FIND IT ON:


Blessings,
Ellen S.

12 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!
    Ellie- will you be an editor someday? 😁 you should!!!
    And Music is: THE BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sawyer!! If the Lord wills, I would LOVE to be considered a professional editor someday. 😁 Helping other writers with their work is a huge privilege, and one I've enjoyed greatly. 💗
      Thank you so much for your encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. I kinda figured that as your "secret job!" I think I thought so because you helped with the first Tales, didn't you? I just ordered the lovely book, and I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT COMES!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I had a feeling a few of you (especially those who've known me for a while + are aware of my love for all things Andi Carter) would be able to slueth out my secret job ahead of time. 😉 And yes, I did help with the first Tales book. 😊
      Oh, yay! You'll have to let me know your thoughts!! 💙

      Delete
  3. For some reason, my first comment didn't go through (it was probably 'cause I wasn't using my google account). Anyways....I really LOVED this book! (May or may not be 'cause I'm in the acknowledgements.) And my sister and I guesses you're secret job.....it was so obvious. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this book, Lilly! Aaand . . . see my reply to Caitlyn. (Above. ^^^) Since you've been following/viewing my blog since day one, I couldn't help but wonder if you'd figure out what my job was before I officially announced it. 😂
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Yay! Exciting, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks AWESOME!! :) <3

    - Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I think you'll enjoy it. 😊

      Delete
  6. I got this in the mail a couple days ago and can't wait to read it!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?